Dual Fuel Diesel Generators Oklahoma Natural Gas Drilling
Exploring the Efficiency of Dual Fuel Diesel Generators in Oklahoma’s Oil and Gas Operations
Oklahoma is one of the top states in the United States that produce oil and natural gas. There are currently 25,900 operating oils in the State as of June 2023. Data taken in the same month indicate that the amount of natural gas produced was approximately 159.3 million cubic feet, while that of oil was 7.3 million barrels.
In terms of oil and gas production in the US, Oklahoma currently ranks seventh. Some of the biggest oil and gas producing companies include:
• Devon Energy
• Chesapeake Energy
• Gulfport Energy
• Continental Resources, Inc.
• Roan Resources, Inc.
• Helmerich & Payne
Diesel Power Generators used in Oil and Gas Operations
Diesel power generators are integral in the oil and gas industry. They are predominantly used to provide power for oil and gas operations like fracking, pumping, and drilling. Three common diesel power generators used in gas and oil operations include:
• Caterpillar C18: This generator produces between 650 kW and 750 kW of power, and one key advantage is that it uses less floor space while providing increased power density.
• MTU Series 4000: Perfect for conducting oil and gas operations in harsh environments and primarily used for both onshore and offshore drilling.
• Cummins QSK60: Predominantly used for sturdy operations and provides power for oil and gas operations reliably. Perfect for drilling rigs, oilfield, and oil production platforms.
Dual Fuel Power Generators for Drilling
Dual fuel power generators can utilize multiple fuel sources, such as propane, natural gas, or diesel. They have grown in popularity because they’re inexpensive to operate and more reliable compared to diesel-only generators. Compared to diesel, natural gas is cheaper, cleaner, and sometimes more available.
Dual fuel engines used for oil and gas drilling operations can either use diesel only or a combination of both natural gas and diesel. They don’t compromise on power while saving on fuel costs and extending runtimes.
Dual fuel engines are commonly used for oil and gas applications like drilling, as well as other servicing operations where reliable power is necessary. While dual fuel generators need a fuel tank on site to store diesel fuel, they utilize natural gas that is produced at the wellhead as a supplemental fuel source; this reduces the need for transporting and refining diesel. In the long-term, using dual fuel power generators for drilling operations minimizes environmental effects that are associated with refining and transporting diesel. Additionally, natural gas is cleaner-burning than diesel fuel, so reducing the amount of diesel used improves the emissions profile.
Dual Fuel Power Generators for Oil and Gas Pumping
Dual fuel power generators have proven themselves to be ideal for oil and gas pumping operations. Some dual fuel engines can even use mixtures of landfill gas, biogas and biodiesel.
A lot of power is required for oil and gas pumping and the pumps rely on generators to transport oil from the ground to the tankers, then to the refinery, and to storage facilities. Pumps play a key role, and they require a reliable generator that operates with minimal downtime.
Dual fuel power generators provide similar performance to diesel fuel generators, making them a top choice for oil and gas pumping operations. Using natural gas as a partial replacement for diesel fuel allows for reduced emissions, reduced operating costs, and increased reliability.
OptiBlend® Dual Fuel Solutions
Oil and gas production sites that have minimal availability of diesel fuel can rely on OptiBlend® to provide a reliable solution. OptiBlend® provides the best dual fuel conversion kits in the industry that will ensure that you have the power required for drilling or oil and gas pumping operations when operating in remote sites.
Contact us today to learn more about our dual fuel solutions.
- Bi-Fuel Kohler Diesel Generators For Oil And Gas Applications - Kohler diesel generators power remote drilling & pumping operations. OptiBlend reduces the diesel fuel supply requirement through blending wellhead gas, methane or natural gas. Lower costs & longer runtimes.
- Bi-Fuel Caterpillar Diesel Generators For Oil And Gas Applications - Caterpillar diesel generators are used in remote oil & gas drilling & pumping operations globally. An OptiBlend bi-fuel mixer retrofit displaces diesel with wellhead gas, methane or CNG to 2x runtime, reduce operating costs as well as CO2 emissions.
- Bi-Fuel Diesel Generators For Oil And Gas - OptiBlend bi-fuel mixing technology displaces diesel fuel consumption by 50-70% on existing power generators. Operators are 2x their runtime using wellhead gas, cng or propane.
- Dual Fuel : Diesel – Natural Gas Conversion Kits - Lower fuel cost. Improved NoX…
- Bi-Fuel Diesel Engine Conversion - OptiBlend's dual fuel diesel engine…
- Dual Fuel Diesel Generators for Nebraska Oil And Gas Fracking Operations - OptiBlend dual fuel generator retrofits…
- Dual Fuel Diesel Generators Texas Oil And Gas - OptiBlend dual fuel conversion kits…
- Bi Fuel Diesel Generators North Dakota Oil and Gas Fracking - OptiBlend bi-fuel retrofit system uses…
- Dual Fuel System : Installation - OptiBlend dual fuel retrofit system…
- Dual Fuel Conversion Kit : Site Installation - OptiBlend dual fuel retrofit onsite…
- Dual Fuel Conversion Kit : Training - OptiBlend dual fuel retrofit system…
- Dual Fuel Conversion Kit : Warranty - OptiBlend dual fuel retrofit system…