Bi Fuel Generator for
The Role of Bi-Fuel Diesel Power Generators in Flood Response and Relief Restoration
Floods are some of the most common natural disasters, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Coastal areas are more prone to flooding as a result of frequent tsunamis, hurricanes, and storm surge. The after-effects are devastating, with floods resulting in significant property damage and loss of lives. More than two billion people were affected by floods globally between 1998 and 2017.
Local governments are often responsible for deploying emergency power sources after a flood. They have the role of ensuring proper management and collaboration during the entire process. Local governments get additional assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) which offers both technical assistance and funding.
Establishing power temporarily after a flood is divided into three common phases: immediate needs, intermediate needs, and final restoration efforts. Bi-fuel generators are essential during this entire process and can be used to restore temporary power in key areas such as water treatment facilities, hospitals, and temporary shelters.
Bi-fuel diesel generators can also be used for intermediate needs, which involves the restoration of temporary power in residential properties. In the final restoration efforts, approaches are taken to restore the power permanently.
Bi-fuel Benefits for Flood Response and Relief
One key benefit of using bi-fuel generators for flood response and relief is that they offer extended run time compared to a comparable diesel-only generator. They are also more reliable when diesel supplies are limited. Up to 70% of the diesel fuel used in bi-fuel generators is replaced with natural gas, which results in lower NOx emissions compared to diesel-only generators.
Because bi-fuel generators use less diesel fuel, the cost of managing and storing large amounts of diesel are far less compared to that when using diesel generators. The EPA has ordered standby generators to only use ultra-low sulfur diesel; the use of ultra-low sulfur diesel in bi-fuel generators means that the overall emissions are even further reduced.
Converting a diesel-only generator to bi-fuel is easy. No internal engine modification is necessary, meaning both existing and new generator installations can take advantage of the many benefits of bi-fuel technology.
First Responders using Power Generators
Power generators are essential in flood response and relief. Most first responders rely on them during search and rescue operation to power essential equipment like communication devices, flashlights, computers, life detectors, and listening devices.
Power generators are also used to provide power to temporary medical sites. These facilities need power to operate equipment and store medicines and other supplies.
Power generators are also used in temporary shelters and play a key role in the recovery process. Temporary shelters provide displaced people with a safe place where they can stay until they are able to return home or find a new home.
Supplies using Emergency Power Generators
Power generators are essential for cold storage. In emergency situations, it’s essential to always be cool and hydrated. Power generators provide power to store cool drinks and are commonly used to provide power to air conditioners. Power generators also help keep medicine and food cool during emergency situations like flooding.
Utilities using Emergency Power Generators
Most utilities require a reliable power supply to carry out their operations efficiently and safely. Therefore, power generators are essential in emergency situations to provide stable power to utilities such as water treatment facilities and sewer or wastewater facilities.
During emergencies communication services need power to ensure that data, internet and phone systems remain operational to coordinate emergency management services. Additionally, emergency information is broadcast over radio and television stations. Keeping these facilities operational is vital to ensure accurate, timely delivery of information to the public.
Cleanup using Emergency Power Generators
Natural disasters like floods can lead to significant infrastructure and property damage. Cleanup operations are essential, and power generators can be used to provide lighting when navigating in these dangerous conditions. Cleanup activities need handheld devices like flashlights and power tools, which need stable and reliable power to recharge.
Disaster cleanup teams need to be in regular communication, and they rely on power generators to provide power to their communication devices.
Restoration using Emergency Power Generators
Restoration is a key process in recovery after a disaster, and stable power is essential in such conditions. Power generators are used to provide power for temporary shelters and medical facilities. Key services such as healthcare and emergency response activities need regular power to aid in the restoration operations.
OptiBlend® makes it possible to convert a diesel-only generator to bi-fuel, using diesel and a variety of other gaseous fuel sources. Contact us today to learn how we can significantly reduce your fuel costs and make your generator more energy efficient.
- Bi-Fuel Kohler Generator Disaster Relief - Extended runtime, lower operating costs & reduced CO2 emissions. Optiblend® bi-fuel Kohler power generator retrofits achieve ROI in weeks, not years.
- Bi-Fuel Diesel Power Generator Hurricane Relief - Extend the runtime of your emergency power generator with secondary gaseous fuels. Hurricanes can leave a community without power for weeks. An Optiblend® retrofit is an instant on for your generators.
- Bi-Fuel Generac Generator Disaster Relief - Doubling the runtime of your Generac power generator using a secondary gaseous fuel may keep you going until fuel and electric supply lines are restored.
- Dual Fuel : Diesel – Natural Gas Conversion Kits - Lower fuel cost. Improved NoX…
- Bi-Fuel Cummins Generator Disaster Relief - Extend runtime for your Cummins…
- Bi-Fuel Diesel Generators For Disaster Response And Relief - Emergency response to natural disasters…
- Bi-Fuel John Deere Diesel Generators For Disaster Response And Relief - John Deere powered diesel generators…
- Bi-Fuel Diesel Engine Conversion - OptiBlend's dual fuel diesel engine…
- Dual Fuel Diesel Generators for Nebraska Oil And Gas Fracking Operations - OptiBlend dual fuel generator retrofits…
- Dual Fuel Diesel Generators Texas Oil And Gas - OptiBlend dual fuel conversion kits…
- Dual Fuel Diesel Generators Oklahoma Natural Gas Drilling - OptiBlend dual fuel retrofit system…
- Bi-Fuel Generator for Wild Fire Disaster Relief - OptiBlend dual fuel diesel power…